This is an excellent opportunity to develop a better understanding of development and manufacturing across a broad range of food and beverage categories.
A food related degree is essential for the role of Technical Assistant, some work experience in the industry would be beneficial but is not essential.
The role is based in our office in St Albans, Hertfordshire, car is essential.
- Support the day-to-day operation of the project.
- The Technical Assistant will be involved in all aspects of the NPD process, supporting projects to create and manage innovative products from initial concept, through to launch.
- You will be working as part of the quality assurance and product specifications team.
- Assisting in the retail customers Quality Management System
- Communication with suppliers both verbally and electronically
- Support other members of the team to achieve timelines
- Keep project trackers up to date on a weekly basis
- To prepare, set up and manage projects.
- Provide administrative support to the team and to follow the development process
- Prepare and set up benchmarking tasting sessions and write up of reports
- To ensure agreed actions are followed up
- Product reheat verifications as required
- Set up and manage the shelf-life/tasting sessions and document
- Self motivated and organised
- Valid driving licence and own vehicle
- Computer literate including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work within a small team
- Ability to work to several deadlines at one time
- Flexibility to work to customer deadlines
- Have an interest/passion in eating all types of food
Start date: ASAP